As a result of the Governor’s Restore Illinois Plan, beginning June 6, 2020, IHSA member schools are permitted to open for voluntary strength and conditioning sessions. While prioritizing the health and safety of all students and staff, Brimfield CUSD #309 will allow voluntary workouts on school grounds beginning Tuesday, June 9th.
To maintain the highest level of safety possible, Brimfield CUSD #309 will institute the following IHSA and district requirements that must be followed when conducting workouts.
• Maintain social distance by being 6 feet apart at all times.
• Masks shall be worn when social distance cannot be maintained.
• Follow gathering guidelines of groups of 10 or less including the coach and medical personnel.
• Groups of 10 or less will be pre-determined by the coaching staffs.
• Once groups are determined, students may not switch from one group to another based upon sport. Students that participate in multiple sports for the year are encouraged to be grouped, for summer participation, in their fall sport.
• Interaction between groups shall be avoided.
• Sessions can only include weightlifting, running, and exercises designed to promote physical fitness.
• Sport-specific drills are not permitted, and sport-specific equipment may not be used.
• Implement diligent and effective cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched objects and surfaces following the guidance of the CDC and IDPH.
• Coaches must maintain a daily record of what athletes are participating, when, symptoms they may present (COVID-19 Monitoring Form).
• Athletes should be monitored at the start of practice for temperature >100.4F/37C or symptoms of COVID-19 (fevers, chills, cough, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell).
• If symptoms are present they should not participate in practice and should be referred to a physician for evaluation and testing.
• Free weight exercises that require a spotter cannot be conducted while honoring social distancing norms. Safety measures in all forms must be strictly enforced in the weight room.
• Players shall bring their own water bottle, shoes, towels, and other personal equipment. The use of locker rooms, shared water coolers with cups, and water fountains will be prohibited during this stage.
It is the responsibility of each IHSA member school to comply with the above requirements. Additionally, IHSA member school-sponsored camps, clinics, and open gyms are prohibited in any sport at this time.
Any person with positive symptoms reported should not be allowed to take part in workouts and should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate healthcare professional.
Should the conditions warrant, these requirements will be adjusted. Any further official updates will be posted on IHSA.org and the Brimfield CUSD #309 website.